Creole Macaroni 8 Ww Pts.
photo by Redsie
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked medium elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced fat reduced sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- pre heat oven to 350 cook ground beef, onion, and mushrooms in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stir to crumble.
- drain combine beef mixture, macaroni, and next six ingredients in a 2 quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- stir in 1/2 cup of cheese, sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese over top.
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes until bubbly.
- makes 4 servings (1 3/4 cup each).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of my 5 year old beautiful, sweet boy! And a 2 year old gorgeous little girl! I am very fortunate to be able to stay home with them. Yeah I thrive for adult conversation but that's what 'zaar is for right?! I would love to go back to school someday for either interior design, or business and culinary school to start up my own bakery or catering business, or even photography. That would be my dream come true! I married my best friend on June 22, 2003. DH works allllll day(60 hours a week) 5 days a week so I dont get to see him as much as I wish but that's why I cook dinner and treasure dinner time. It's our time to unwind together. We love watching movies together. He's a Star Wars and Lord of the Rings nerd. I love them too but don't admit it often or I will have to watch them every day! I'm a feminest, which it turns out I have been since birth, but my best friend going to school for woman's studies and sharing her knowledge, amplifies it.I would love to see a world where my children aren't condemmed to the gender rolls we give them. My Mom is an amazing cook and I picked up cooking from her, but I really am self taught. I love to experiment and try new things. I'm like a Jewish or Italian mom, forcing people to try everything I make and I don't take "no" for an answer! The whole saying that you are either a cooker or a baker is so not true, I am both! My best friend is a cooker and baker too she makes the best cake you could ever taste! (she won't post the recipe...trust me!!)but she makes some killer meals too! I just love getting a ton of ingredients out, make a appetizer, a meal with three or four parts to it,and then bake a kick a$$ dessert to follow, clean up and have all your family and friends grab a big dish and stuff yourselves, the feeling you get when you finally sit down is, to me, comparible to sex! http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/102299/100_0209.jpg