photo by Ashley Cuoco
- Ready In:
8 2 oz. ramekins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and granulated sugar. Add in vanilla.
- While stirring continuously, gradually pour cream mixture into egg mixture until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve.
- Evenly pour the mixture into eight 2 oz.sized ramekins.
- Set ramekins into a large pan enough to fit all 8 ramekins. Fill the pan with hot water until it comes up to about halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the sides are set and the center is hardly jiggling.
- Let cool on wire racks then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar onto each of the ramekins then caramelize with a torch.