Creamy Vino Sauce
I found this on BHG and didn't see it posted here yet. It is a really wonderful and easy white wine cream sauce for pasta or breaded chicken cutlets. SO so tasty! I added some chopped mushrooms before adding the flour and left out the cheese by mistake and it was wonderful!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese, shredded (or Parmesan, Asiago, Gorgonzola, and or or provolone cheese, shredded or crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, snipped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, snipped (or chives or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh sage, thyme, oregano, or rosemary)
- In a medium saucepan, cook onion and garlic in hot butter over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add cream and wine all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cheese. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in parsley and basil.