Creamy Turkey With Noodles
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From parenting.com. A good way to use up leftover turkey!
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked shredded turkey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and coat a shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the noodles according to package directions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, then add flour, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually pour in broth and cook, stirring, until it thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in milk and cook until very hot and smooth, another 3 minutes.
- Put the turkey in a bowl and add half the sauce and stir the other half into the cooked noodles. Spoon the noodles into the prepared baking dish. Top with the turkey and spread evenly.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Continue to bake, uncovered, for another 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crisp.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION