Creamy Turkey and Bacon Pasta
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another great way to serve your leftover turkey - enjoy!!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb country-style smoked bacon, diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced (shiitake or button)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon summer savory
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 lbs cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 lbs penne pasta, cooked and drained
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a large frying pan, sauté bacon until no longer pink but not crisp. Leave 2 tablespoons bacon fat in pan, removeing excess. Add shallots, and sauté until translucent. Add mushroooms an green onions; sauté for two minutes.
- Add white wine and bring to a boil; reduce and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Add cooked turkey half-way through the second reduction process.
- When sauce is reduced, add 3/4 cup Parmesan, reserving the remaining 1/4 cup. Serve sauce over pasta.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and remaining Parmesan. Serve with bread, grilled or toasted wih garlic butter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION