Creamy & Spicy Artichoke Dip With Pita Chips
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained & coarsley chopped
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno chiles
- 6 6 inch pita bread rounds, each cut into 6 triangles
- olive oil
- Using electric mixer, beat first 8 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- Fold in artichokes, mozzarella, green onions and jalapeno.
- Transfer to 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place pita triangles in single layer on baking sheet.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven& keep the oven on.
- Bake dip until bubbling and brown on top, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made this three times in a month, now. I use all low / no fat cream cheese and mozzerella cheese, and I just use one large can of artichoke hearts (not marinated in oil -- or 1 can + one jar of the marinated ones if making for company. I used low fat cream cheese and sour cream. The one way I disguise the low fat nature of this is to add a package of dry veggie soup mix (or your fave), and usually I add spinach that I've briefly steamed. It's one point on Weight Wacher's if made this way. LOVE to keep on hand to spread on a pita or roll into a slice of ham with a fist full of spinach leaves. YUM!
This was a huge hit at a brunch we hosted on Memorial Day. Since one guest is allergic to everything in the scallion family, I used red onion instead of green. It tasted great and added a little color. The only other deviation was using 2 whole jalapenos since we enjoy spicy foods. The pita chips were the perfect dippers. Thanks for sharing this fantastic version of a classic!
I was about to post this recipe myself. This is the BEST artichoke dip BY FAR. I have tried many and this wins hands down!! The jalapeno and onions really add some extra punch and set this recipe apart from all the others out there. This recipe makes a fair amount, but it's easily halved for smaller groups (but you'll regret that!).
Made this recipe the night before serving, stored in fridge until baking. The only change I made was to substitute a whole, seeded chipotle chili for the fresh jalapeno. Everything else teh same. It was fantastic! Truly. I served this tonight to a group of ECPTA women, who have artichoke dip at EVERY meeting and gathering, and they RAVED over it! I have 4 requests for the recipe; it was that well received. Love, love, love it, MadzMom! Thank you very much!
see 1 more reviews