Creamy Salmon on Whole Wheat Pasta
This recipe is from the show Fixing Dinner by Sandi Richard. Her recipes are usually on the table in less than a half hour. I usually like to grill extra salmon to make this meal the following day. It is very well received at our house.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk (I use fat free milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups whole wheat penne, dried
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 300 g salmon, seared and cut into chunks
- Cook pasta accordingly to directions.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large non stick frying pan and then stir in flour until "pasty" gradually stirring in the milk followed by the pepper.
- Stir parmesan cheese into cream sauce stirring until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in pesto and cook on low for a few minutes until thickened.
- Stir in chunks of salmon just before serving to heat through.
- Serve over pasta and enjoy.