Creamy Roquefort Salad Dressing
This is different from most of the Roquefort Dressings I found here. No vinegar, and very thick. A creamy dressing! I prefer this over an iceburg wedge, with tomato garnish.
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (may be low fat)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (may sub half regular and half low fat)
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced (a large one....may substitute 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended. Serve dressing over salad greens.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If there were more than 5 stars to click, I'd click 'em! This was fabulous! I only made a partial batch since I only had about 2 ounces of blue cheese crumbles. I used light cream cheese and lite mayonnaise. Rather than opening a can of evaporated milk for such a small amount, I used a splash of 1/2 and 1/2! Kinda made up for the "lite" everything else! Also sprinkled on a little dried parsley for color. This was sooo good. Note - hubs thinks he doesn't like blue cheese, and he said it was good.Reply
Definitely a Big Winner in my book -- oh my, I had forgotten why I love Roquefort cheese so much. Almost didn't find it, but so glad I did. We halved the recipe because I only had enough for that amount, but I'll be sure to purchase more. This recipe is going into my Best of 2018 file for sure. Soooo delicious!1Reply
see 4 more