Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Basil Soup- Whole30
photo by REALtorFOOD
- Ready In:
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers in brine (drained)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 10 fresh basil leaves (chiffonade)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- combine tomato puree and drained roasted red pepper in medium saucepan and bring to slow boil.
- add basil leaves and coconut milk and cook stirring 2 minutes to combine.
- add salt and red pepper flakes and stir.
- remove from stove.
- allow to cool slightly and with immersion blender puree until completely smooth (if using a blender allow to cool longer).
- Serve hot or chilled.
- can be served over a handful of baby spinach leaves if desired to add some color and extra nutrition boost.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a Realtor in Nashville, TN with Bob Parks Realty. I enjoy cooking and entertaining with my family and friends.</p> <p> </p>