Creamy Risotto With Mussels, Shrimp and Calamari
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 250 g rice (Arborio or rice for risotto)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 700 ml fish stock, from 1 cube, hot
- 350 g mussels, frozen
- 350 g shrimp, frozen
- 400 g of whole squid, thawed, cut into rings
- 1⁄3 cup canned tomato, chopped
- 50 g butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup grana padano or 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally. Add the rice and toast lightly for 1-2 minutes without letting the rice or onion take on any color.
- Add the wine and cook until almost completely absorbed. Add most of the hot fish stock (it should come about ½ inch above the rice) and bring to a simmer. Cook the risotto, stirring occasionally, until the rice has absorbed some of the liquid, about 8 minutes.
- Add the mussels, shrimp and squid (tentacles as well), and tomatoes, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the seafood is cooked and the rice is al dente, about 6 minutes. As the rice continues to absorb the liquid, add more as needed.
- Remove the risotto from the heat, add butter Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese. Stir well to release the starches and make the risotto creamy.
- Season with pepper and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!