Creamy Potato Soup (Based on Deceptively Delicious)
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower, pureed
- 1 1⁄2 cups squash, pureed
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- crouton (optional)
- coat a large pot with cooking spray and set it over medium heat. When the pot is hot, add the oil, onion, and then the garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft but not brown- 5-6 minutes.
- Add the broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the potatoes are tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into a blender or food processor and add the vegetable purees, buttermilk, and salt; puree until smooth. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with cheese if you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!