Creamy Polenta Soup With Spinach (Paparot)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I watched an episode of "Lydia's Italy" on PBS the other day and she made this deliciously comforting and simple soup using polenta. I made it and it will surely please your family (and your pocketbook). Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup yellow polenta
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1. Tip: For a smooth and velvety soup like Lydia's, I pulsed my cornmeal in my food processor for about 20 seconds before starting the recipe. First, whisk the polenta and flour in a saucepan.
- 2. Starting with 1 cup of broth, whisk the broth and polenta-flour mixture and remove any lumps. Add the butter and salt and stir.
- 3. Continue adding broth while whisking and place on medium-high heat to bring to a boil. Lower to medium heat and simmer soup for 25 minutes. Stir gently.
- 4. Add spinach to soup and stir. Continue cooking on medium-low heat for 10 minutes. If using, serve with grated parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION