Creamy Pesto Pasta Italiana
This is a quick and easy weeknight pasta dish.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces whole wheat rigatoni
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (do not substitute)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 1⁄3 cup water or 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet cook basil and garlic in hot oil about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and add cream cheese, cottage cheese, and Parmesan cheese; stir until smooth.
- Stir in white wine, parsley, and water (or vegetable broth, if using).
- Cook uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add pasta and mix until well coated.
- Serve each dish garnished with fresh basil and additional freshly grated pamesan cheese if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION