Creamy Pasta Salad With Tuna and Vegetables (Low Fat)
Prepare this salad a few hours in advance to allow the flavours to blend and mellow. You may use other fresh herbs instead of dill or just more parsley if you like. You may leave out the tuna if serving as a side dish with meat. I like the fresh flavour of this salad. It keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked, rinsed under cold water and drained well
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and flaked
For the dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon dill weed, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Combine rotini, red pepper, cucumber, green onions and tuna in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk all dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and stir well.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.