Creamy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly coat baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In large skillet, cook onions and garlic in butter over medium heat until onions are soft.
- Stir in brussels sprouts and thyme.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until broth is nearly evaporated.
- Add cream and nutmeg.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until broth begins to thicken.
- Transfer to baking dish, stir in 1/2 cheese, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made this recipe a couple of times at home, and these are our favorite brussels sprouts of all. The recipe is very rich, so it's great to use for special occasions. Even for someone who's not sure they like brussels sprouts much, the flavor mellows out in this recipe, so it might have a wider appeal.