Creamy Parmesan Broccoli
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen broccoli florets or (1 lb) package fresh broccoli, cooked firm-tender and well drained
- 2 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, hellman is good (not salad dressing)
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions (don't over cook); drain.
- Place the broccoli in prepared baking dish; drizzle with oil, or butter (if using).
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, and all the remaining ingredients, except the chopped nuts; mix well, spoon over broccoli.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until sauce begins to bubble and lightly brown.
- Sprinkle with nuts (if using).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
With last reviewer, totally agree! NONE of this left, did I see! Even if people don't like broccoli, they will love this too! For entertaining, SO easy to do! THANKS! ***UPDATE: Made it again this week and while the recipe is good as is, TRUE! I DOUBLED the topping as used a bit more broccoli too! THANKS AGAIN! OH, and also topped it with real bacon, as that worked for me! Did I mention even people who don't like broccoli will LOVE this recipe! :)