A decadent twist to oatmeal.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup of quaker oats oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon of bacardi rum
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons low-carb maple syrup
- Place 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 1/4 cup of half & half in sauce pan.
- Add three tablespoons of splenda brown sugar, almond extract, raisins and bacardi rum.
- Heat through until hot. Stir to prevent filming.
- Once hot, add 1 cup of oatmeal.
- Cook for three minutes.
- Pour into two soup bowls.
- Drizzle low carb maple syrup.
- Add chopped pecans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh boy, was this delicious, Parthenia! I was worried there might be too much brown sugar and raisins, but it was just right for two servings. It was pretty sweet, but we like our oatmeal on the sweet side. I will definitely make this again because it?s so easy to prepare, and it?s a great oatmeal recipe. The only thing I would do differently is to probably add a little more half-and-half, maybe another 1/4 cup so it?s an equal amount as the cream (and it?s more for a creamier texture, not to improve the taste because it?s really good as written). Made for the 2013 My 3 Chefs event.1Reply