Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 25mins
- Soak dried porcinis in 1/2 cup boiling water for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain porcinis and reserve soaking liquid.
- Chop mushrooms finely and set aside until needed.
- Cook onion in butter until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and porcinis and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, the reserved porcini liquid, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then transfer to the crockpot.
- Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Cool soup slightly and puree in blender or food processor or use a hand-held blender.
- Add the cream, cover again, and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until hot.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum! This is a great soup with an intense mushroom flavor. My only problem? It doesn't make enough!! Followed the recipe excepting using chicken stock rather than vegetable. I also didn't have any light cream, so I used some heavy cream and some 2% milk... it was definitely plenty creamy! I don't have a crockpot, so I just simmered this on my stove for about 3 hours. Really lovely flavor- I couldn't resist adding a generous pinch of thyme, though. The mushroom flavor was still the star in this! We had for dinner with Harvest Bread #84786 and it was a great meal. I think that this is dinner-party worthy. BF and I ate the whole lot and are still licking our lips for more. Thanks for another winner, Sue!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at email@example.com