Creamy Meatballs and Vegetables
A good way to get your day's vegetable allowance! The amount of preparation time varies depending on whether you use fresh or refrigerated potatoes. This time is figured for the refrigerated. Recipe is from BH&G.
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- 1 (16 ounce) box precooked frozen italian meatballs
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 (16 ounce) bag loosepack frozen stir fry vegetables
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or (10 ounce) cans cream of onion soup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a 3-1/2 quart crockpot, mix the meatballs, potatoes and vegetables.
- Combine the soup, water and black pepper and pour over, stirring lightly to coat everything. Cover and cook on LO for 5-7 hours.
- Stir the sour cream into 1/4 cup of the pot liquid. Stir this back into the pot.
- Note: You may substitute 1-1/2 pounds fresh red-skinned potatoes for the refrigerated. In this case, cut them into wedges and precook them 6 or 7 minutes in boiling salted water.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious, quick and easy. This recipe is perfect for busy days. I used a mixture of frozen green beans, yellow beans and carrots. I had some fresh peas and added them to the mix, and I went with the cream of mushroom soup option. In future I may try the ccream of onion or add chopped onion and some herbs to the mixture.Reply