Creamy Meatball Casserole
This recipe includes packaged foods for both convenience and homestyle goodness. Great for a busy weekday or weekend dinner. Another quick and easy recipe from my favorite new casserole cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, cream of onion can also be used
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 32 meatballs, precooked, frozen, 1/2 ounce each
- 20 ounces red skin white potatoes, refrigerated wedges
- 16 ounces stir fry vegetables, frozen, any combination
- In a large bowl combine soup, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the meatballs, potato wedges, and stir fry vegetables.
- Spoon into an ungreased 3 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, covered for about 1 hour or until heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is really delicious but as another reviewer mentioned previously, my potatoes were not cooked through after an hour nor did the sauce get really thick. I raised my oven temperature to 400 and put the casserole back in for another half hour, after which time the potatoes were sufficiently cooked through. Next time I make this, I will set the oven to 400 from the outset.Reply
This was an easy recipe and turned out delish! I took a couple of liberties - I used all fresh veggies(carrots,sliced, broccoli-small crowns, onion-sliced, frozen peas & a couple of mushrooms. Added a fresh fine chopped Jalapeno. I cut the whole recipe back to two servings so decided not to use any sour cream and very little milk. I had some left over so tonight I have added some left over Mashed potato with Celeric as a topping it will be a kind of shepherless pie! Thanks Lauralie for a couple of tasty dinnersReply
see 5 more