Creamy Maple Bread Pudding
photo by queenbeatrice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 - 4 1⁄2 cups bread, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (grade B preferred)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (or vanilla extract)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons decorator sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup diced pecans (optional) or 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole or baking dish.
- Place the bread cubes into the prepared pan. Whisk the eggs, milk, cream, syrup, sugar, flavoring, nutmeg, and salt together. Pour over the bread cubes and let sit for 15 minutes to absorb the liquid. Press the cubes down into the liquid if the edges are dry.
- Bake the pudding for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the nuts and sugar. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until the pudding has puffed up and is light brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and let stand for a few minutes-the pudding will sink as it sits; that's OK. Serve immediately, or reheat before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!