Creamy Herb and Garlic Chicken over Gnocchi
photo by The Flying Chef
- Ready In:
- olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, combined with
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley, to sprinkle over breasts
- 800 g gnocchi
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 300 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Sprinkle combined garlic and parsley on both sides of all the breasts. Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and cook chicken, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile pour some water in a pan add a little olive oil and bring to the boil.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, add a little oil to another saucepan, add garlic, cook, stirring, about 1 minute, Add wine to pan, to deglaze, evaporate all liquid, add lemon juice and the stock, stir.
- Pour cream in and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, simmer uncovered, about 5 Min's until sauce thickens slightly. (If you want it thicker just add a little cornstarch I prefer a more thin sauce when it is more like a pasta dish.) Stir in oregano, keep warm over a low heat while you cook the gnocchi.
- Once the water is boiling add gnocchi and cook as per packet instructions, mine was only 3 minutes; drain.
- While gnocchi is cooking remove breasts from pan, cut chicken into slices.
- To Serve: Divide gnocchi among serving plates, top with sliced chicken, drizzle with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We're staying in San Francisco with a very limited kitchen and while there are tons of exceptional restaurants here, I missed cooking good food. I found this recipe and decided to try it. My husband's first experience with gnocchi wasn't good (at an Irish pub, what was he thinking?) so I wanted to try this and really wanted him to like it. He did and the whole dinner was a hit. Thanks for posting!
TFC, this is such a wonderful recipe. The taste is that of a dish you slaved over for hours, yet it was so simple to prepare. I did omit the white wine using a little extra chicken stock in its place and I served the chicken and cream sauce over egg noodles, because only one in the family likes gnocchi. This recipe received 5 stars from everyone (6 people). The only complaint I heard was that I did not make enough for seconds! I am sure I will be getting requests for this dish often. It is also being added to my "A Bit of Heaven From 2011" cookbook so it is ready for the Best of 2011 cooking game next year. Thanks for posting...made and reviewed for the 48th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #47* This was a truly tasty dinner and DH and I enjoyed it -- only drawback was the need for 2 saute pans plus a saucepan to boil the gnocchi ! Was one of those "trash the kitchen" preps, which I will do for DDs and families, but not just for us. Great combo of flavors. Thanks for posting.
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>