Creamy Ham and Penne Pasta
photo by ROTEL
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed (Neufchatel)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fully cooked lean ham
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; add peas last 2 minutes of cook time. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- In pan used for pasta, combine all remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese melts and mixture is bubbly. Stir in pasta and peas.
- COOK'S TIPS: If your family prefers more heat, use Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!