Creamy Cucumber Salsa
- Ready In:
2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups finely chopped seeded, peeled cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve with chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, and I love to try new things whenever I can. I have two beagles who are my furry little floor cleaners, and a wonderful husband (as of 8/16/07!) who has a very talkative 10 year old daughter. She loves to help me in the kitchen when she's at our house, no matter what I'm making. <br>I am a runner, this year I'm running almost every 5k and 10k I can find, next year I'm hoping to do a couple half marathons. When I search for healthy recipes, I try to find a good carb-protien balance. When I search for something that just sounds good, anything goes! <br>My favorite cookbooks are my mom's old church cookbooks I learned to cook from when I was a child. You can always tell the pages the good recipes are on, they're stained and dirty!