Creamy Crunchy Peanut Butter Pancakes
I found this in 'Better Homes and Gardens' magazine this month (Jan 07). While I don't stray from my pancake recipe often, I had to try this one. It's a PB-lover's pancake and the crunchiness is the best part:).
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs and peanut butter until combined; then gradually add milk until thin and smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into dry and stir just to combine. (will still be lumpy) **I added a bit more milk now, as I don't like my pancakes this thick**.
- Gently stir in the chopped peanuts.
- Place a greased griddle over medium heat.
- When hot, cook the pancakes until golden brown.
- 1/4cup-sized pancakes should take 1-2 minutes per side and will yield about 16.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a great breakfast treat! The pancakes had a nice texture and I liked the crunch from the peanuts. These are pretty rich with all that peanut butter but surprisingly not overly sweet. Topped with just a little syrup and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012Reply