Creamy Crock Pot Chicken With Mushrooms
This is a nice chicken dish to fix when a busy day awaits you. Everything can be combined the night before and placed in the fridge for cooking the next day. This dish is wonderful served over pasta, egg noodles or rice; with plenty of sauce for everyone.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium pot and heat on medium high; stirring occasionally until cream cheese is incorporated.
- Pour sauce over chicken in crock pot, and heat on low approximately 4 hours until chicken is tender and falling apart.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Serve over pasta, egg noodles, or rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was average. It tasted like cream of mushroom soup over chicken. The only change I made was more garlic. I would decrease the cream of mushroom soup to 2 cans. Alot of gravy. I think 2 cans would allow more of the garlic and possibly the parsley to come out. I used 5 frozen chicken breasts and cooked for 4.5 hours.Reply
This is definitely worth 5 or more stars! The chicken was so moist and tender! We served this over rice. I used a whole bag of frozen chicken breasts. I think there were 8-9 pieces total. I knew I wanted leftovers and DH and one son already made requests to have this in their lunches for school! This does make a lot of gravy. I will probably freeze some for another use down the road. Made for the March 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.Reply