Creamy Chocolate Frosting
photo by love4culinary
- Ready In:
1 Cakes worth
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 2 teaspoons rum extract (equaling 2 teaspoons)
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons sour cream or 4 tablespoons yogurt
- Using a metal blade in a food processor.
- Mix sugar, cocoa, and salt give 3 pulses.
- Add the vanilla, butter and sour cream.
- Process for 5 seconds.
- If needed add more sour cream to make a creamy consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This icing is good, but it really isnt what Im use to. Its very strong, and its a bit too "sour" from the sour cream. The texture was much too thick; I had to add a bit more butter, 1/2 Tablespoon of sour cream, and a Tablespoon of milk. After that I tasted it, and it wasnt very "chocolatey" so I had to use a bit more cocoa. Thanks for the recipe. I will make it again with my adjustments :)