Creamy Chicken & Dressing Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Almost like homemade. When you are in a hurry and want a fast dinner, just throw everything together and it comes out really moist and creamy and taste great.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix (I use Pepperidge Farm)
- 20 ounces cream of celery soup (or 1 Celery & 1 Cream of Chicken Soup)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (optional)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (to taste) or 1 tablespoon sage (to taste)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Boil chicken with chopped onion and the bouillon cubes until tender.
- Save the broth!
- When done, remove chicken and shred or cut into bite size pieces.
- Put into a 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- Add the 2 cans of celery soup and milk to chicken and stir all together until mixed well.
- Add half of the cornbread stuffing, poultry seasoning, salt & pepper to the chicken mixture adding some of the reserved broth stirring until well mixed and very creaming.
- Add the remaining cornbread stuffing and more broth as needed, mixing till well combined and very moist (you want it to be almost soupy).
- Top with butter or margarine.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until lightly brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
It took me a lot longer to make this recipe than 1 1/2 hours. For the time involved, I thought it should have tasted a lot better. I added celery and boiled eggs to this, because we like them in dressing. This had a kind of mushy texture after baking 1 hour. Some of my family liked it, but some were like me and didn't.Reply