Creamy Chicken Cheese Chimichangas With Green Chile Sauce..
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Place 1lb. or approx.4 large chicken breast in broth to cook till fork tender.
- Drain,but reserve 1 cup broth.
- When cool to handle,cut into 1/4"-1/2" diced pieces.
- Add first 8 ingredients to pot and cook to melt cheese and well blended.
- Heat tortillas.Preheat oven 400.
- Place 1/3 cup filling on each and roll ends and sides,to make a rectangle.
- Seams down in pam sprayed 13x9 baking dish.
- Brush tops with olive oil or spray with pam also.
- Bake 25 minutes till browned and crisped.
- In saucepan,pour reserved broth.
- 1/4 cup flour,1tsp chicken bouilion,and 1 1/2 tsp cumin whisk,till blended.
- Add 1/2 cup milk whisking till smooth and thickened. Add 4oz can diced green chiles.Pour spoonfuls of sauce over chimichanga when ready to serve.I added cooking chicken and sauce to prep time.Sauce should resemble in thickness of a gravy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Susan, I live in northern Minnesota. I am married with 2 children. I love to cook. I love having the family over or friends and treating them to a good meal. My husband says I was a good cook before Recipezaar,Iv'e just gotten better. Thanks to all of you and the recipe reviews system..I have tried so many new recipes, but still have my own favorites which I have listed and I hope you will give a try...We like texmex,salads and soups...I am so happy I found all the Olive Garden soups on recipezaar.