Creamy Chicken Casserole For A Crowd
- Ready In:
- Combine chicken, soup, and sour cream.
- Spread into greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine butter, crumbs, and celery seeds, then sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- OPTIONAL STEP: Add frozen peas, diced cooked carrots, and mushrooms (cooked or canned) to chicken mixture before baking.
- If adding extras, you may need to increase the amount of soup by 1/2 to 1 can; mix vegetables in, and if it looks dry, add 1/2 can of soup-mix well, and if it still looks dry, add some sour cream or the rest of the soup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I followed this recipe pretty closely, omitting the celery seeds and adding the suggested peas and mushrooms. For freezing, since I'm somewhat leary about freezing sour cream or cream soups, I only froze the chicken, keeping the soup and sour cream on hand. It worked out very well to thaw the cooked chicken while assembling everything else in a mixing bowl, folding in the chicken as the last ingredient. A half recipe fits into an 8x8" casserole dish. I put on a nice, thick layer of cracker crumbs, heating the casserole through covered, and uncovering for the last 10 mins or so, until the crumbs were lightly browned and the sauce bubbling very slightly. This makes a great one dish meal with the option add-ins.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Teresa, and I live in Lake Worth, Florida. I've been away from Zaar for a few years now..time sure flew! Lots has changed...some for the better, some not so much. I'm single again, and my cat, Stetson, passed away. Hopefully, I'll be around more and get back into the swing of things..I missed you guys!