Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi
This is from Rachel Ray's magazine. I have made this a few times and i absoultely love it, it is delicious. A simple skillet 30 minute meal. If you have some half and half or whipping cream you need to use up, this is a great dish to use it in!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb potato gnocchi
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 green onions, chopped
- boneless skinless chicken breast, thawed and sliced
- Cook the gnocchi according to directions on the box. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat up some butter or olive oil and sautee onions and red bell pepper until softened. Add in the chicken pieces and allow it to brown all over. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a seperate saucepan melt the butter over medium heat and add flour until mixed well. Pour in chicken broth and half-and-half. Stir and allow it to come to a boil then reduce heat and let it simmer until its thickened.
- Pour white sauce into chicken mixture and toss in gnocchi, toss well. Serve with scallions chopped and sprinkled ontop. Goes great with salad and bread.