Creamy Caulifower Soup (South Beach Phase 1)
From most recent book. Haven't tried.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into floretes, along with the finely chopped stems
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat,.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer soup in batches to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and whisk in sour cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and serve hot. Or chill in the refrigerator and serve cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This soup is quite easy to prepare but I felt like it was missing something, however I am not sure what it needs. I made as directed but rather than using a blender, I used an immersion blender. I tasted the soup and then added a touch of dill which was nice. Maybe the flavour will be more intense once this soup sits over night. Thx for posting.Reply