Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs cauliflower
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Break cauliflower into florets.
- Heat first amount of water to boiling; add cauliflower, celery, onion and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- DO NOT DRAIN.
- Blend vegetable mixture in blender or with hand blender until smooth.
- Heat margarine in saucepan over low heat; stir in flour, cook stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining amount of water; heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetable mixture, bouillon, pepper and nutmeg; heat just to boiling.
- Stir in cream; heat but do not boil.
- Serve with grated cheese if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a coastal town in the southwestern corner of BC. From my living room window I can look across the water to the USA. The town is also a suburb of Vancouver so have the water at my front window and the moutains at my back. From the balcony I have a view of Mount Baker which is beatiful. <br>I am retired from the airlines so have a lot of time to shop and do hobbies. I enjoy watching the food channel on TV, and can even watch Gordon Ramsey with his language. But I also like meals that are easy to prepare. I do wish there were more truly lactose free recipes available, most that I have found include ingredients that contain milk ie: mayonaise. <br>I almost never stay to a recipe after the first try - have to add my own touch. However, I do the recipe without changes (except for the sodium and saturated fat levels in some cases) the first time, out of respect for the chef, there may be subtle flavours that are not too apparent. <br>I am also a committed singer and belong to two choirs, I also love singing the music from the old musicals though have never done that for the public. <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg>