Creamy Broad Bean (Fava) Pasta
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Got this recipe from my organic weekly delivery, and doctored it up a bit. Good way to incorporate Fava beans into your meal.
- Ready In:
- 5 ounces broad beans (take out of the shells)
- 8 ounces dry pasta (shells work best)
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150 ml cream
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- Boil the broad beans for about 10 minutes. Then plunge in cold water and take the beans out of their skins.
- Put the pasta on to boil, for about 8 minutes (until al dente). I skin the beans while I'm boiling the pasta.
- Melt the butter and olive in a large pan or wok, saute the onions until soft and starting to brown.
- Add the pasta and beans to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cream, bring to the boil.
- Add parsley, nutmeg, season generously with salt and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION