Creamy Black Beans
This rich spread lacks saturated fat or cholesterol, but not flavor! I love to serve it with pita wedges and veggie sticks. Would also be great heaped in a tortilla! I adapted it from Alive magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups black beans, rinsed and drained (about 1 14-oz can)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup mild salsa (or use whatever "heat" you like)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini or 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Combine first five ingredients in a blender. (Or save the salsa to add later, if you want more salsa chunks in your dip.).
- Blend until very smooth.
- Drizzle in the tahini, and salsa if you didn't yet, and blend again till well combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
this was ok. i liked it better before i put the pb in though. i threw some jalepeno's in too for a bit of a kick and am glad i did. but i could definatly taste the pb the first day but the second day you couldnt tell what was in it. but i didnt care so much for the flavor the pb gave.. maybe tahini would give a better result. it was yummy though. thanks
If there were 6 stars available, this recipe would have them! Super easy and delicious~ the peanut butter gives it some great complexity. The only things I did differently was to double the cumin and to add a half lime's worth of lime zest to give it an extra kick. Fantastic recipe that we'll make regularly. Thanks!!