Creamy (And Low Fat?!) Shrimp Crepe Filling
Well, I tagged toni gifford's Recipe #106966 in Please Review My Recipe, and I didn't see anything that inspired me for filling...sooooo I modified my Recipe #211482 a bit to create this delectable filling :) mmmmm it's creamy and delicious and (somewhat) healthy?? The French would not approve.
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 3⁄8 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated (I use 75% reduced-fat Cabot white cheddar)
- 1⁄8 cup sherry wine
- 24 cooked medium shrimp, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, separated into small sprigs
- 4 (6 inch) crepes
- Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Saute onions and celery over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour and nutmeg until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the milk. Cook until smooth and thickens a little.
- Add the cheese, and stir until melted.
- Add sauted vegetables, tomato, shrimp, and parsley, stirring to coat.
- To assemble, place one crepe on a dinner plate and spoon seafood and sauce down the middle. Roll crepe and repeat.
- Makes enough filling for 3-4 crepes, depending on how full you like them.