Creamed Ground Beef
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 18 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1 lb onion, chopped
- 1 2⁄3 lbs all-purpose flour
- 1 7⁄8 ounces salt
- 1⁄4 ounce ground black pepper
- 22 lbs warm water
- 2 1⁄8 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 lbs nonfat dry milk powder
- Cook beef in steam jacketed kettle or roasting pan until beef loses it's pink color, stirring to break apart. Drain or skim off excess fat. Add onions; stir-cook 3 minutes.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper. Sprinkle evenly over beef and onions. Mix thoroughly; cook about 5 minutes until flour is absorbed.
- Reconstitute milk. Blend Worcestershire sauce into milk. Add to meat mixture.
- Heat to a simmer, stirring frequently. Cook 10 minutes or until thickened. CCP: International temperature must reach 155°F or higher for 15 seconds. Hold for service at 140°F or higher.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note