Creamed Corn With Bacon and Leeks
photo by Lawsome
- Ready In:
- 6 ears corn
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup leek, chopped
- Cut kernels from ears of corn to measure 3 cups. Scrape milk and remaing pulp from ears.
- Place 1-1/2 kernels, milk, cornstarch, sugar, salt and black pepper in food processor and process until smooth.
- Cook bacon in non-stick skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and reserve 1 tsp drippings. Crumble bacon. Add leek to the pan and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add pureed corn mixture remaining corn and corn milk to pan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer until slightly thickened.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!