Cream Sauce Chicken For A Crowd
- Ready In:
- Brown chicken in oil.
- In large pot, combine 5 cups water, chicken broth, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- In separate bowl, combine remaining 1 cup of water and flour, mixing until smooth, then add to chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add cream.
- Arrange chicken in 5 greased 13 x 9 pans, and pour 3 1/2 cups of sauce over each pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until done, then serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a good base recipe. I found it made a thin sauce. When I made it a second time I omitted the water added to the broth, and added tarragon and garlic. It is easy to do for a crowd, and freezes pretty well. I tripled the recipe and it was fine - although slightly disconcerting to use 18 cups of cream!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Teresa, and I live in Lake Worth, Florida. I've been away from Zaar for a few years now..time sure flew! Lots has changed...some for the better, some not so much. I'm single again, and my cat, Stetson, passed away. Hopefully, I'll be around more and get back into the swing of things..I missed you guys!