Cream of Watermelon Soup
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 15mins
- 2 pints watermelon, chunks seeded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 cup granulated sugar, to taste
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream (about 3 large ordinary soup spoons) or 1/2 cup regular sour cream, approximately (about 3 large ordinary soup spoons)
- fresh mint leaves, garnish (optional)
- Puree watermelon chunks in blender until smooth.
- Add vanilla, sugar, and using an ordinary flatware soup spoon, add 3 dollops of sour cream (about 1/2 cup total), blending well.
- Taste and add a little more sugar if needed- if you added too much sour cream, you may need a little more watermelon.
- Chill overnight and serve garnished with a couple of mint leaves atop each bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! This was soooo good! I was a little tentative at first, but I am totally won over to this recipe. I will be eating this a lot in summer as it is so light and refreshing and very easy to make. I used a very low fat natural yoghurt, which tastes a lot like sour cream to me, rather than the sour cream. Made the recipe even healthier!