Cream of Tomato Soup from Scratch
- Ready In:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cut an X on the bottom of each tomato. Immerse the tomatoes in the boiling water for about 30 seconds. Work in batches until all tomatoes are done. Peel and coarsely chop.
- Melt 2 Tbs butter in a soup pot and saute the garlic for 30 seconds-1 minute until fragrant but not brown.
- Add the tomatoes and sauce. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion/stick blender.
- Add the basil leaves, the remainder of the stick of butter and the cream. Stir until butter melts and all is incorporated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!