Cream of Spinach and Artichoke Soup
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 (13 -14 ounce) can artichoke hearts (drain and squeeze most of the juice out of the artichokes and cut in quarters or just pull them apar)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- Start this creamy soup by adding six cups of chicken stock to a large soup pot and turn the heat on the stove-top to medium high.
- When the stock begins to boil, reduce the heat to low medium and add eight ounces frozen cut spinach, half a chopped yellow onion, one tablespoon of minced garlic and the drained, squeezed and cut artichokes. Simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the white salt and black pepper. Stir well.
- Cut the cream cheese into small slices. Each time you cut a slice off, add it to the pot. Stir well until it's totally melted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add one pint of heavy cream to the pot and stir well. Simmer 5 more minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!