Cream of Mushroom Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Pol Martin Recipe from Cookbook: Easy Cooking For Today
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups hot chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup light cream (hot)
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch celery seed
- 1 dash paprika
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter in saucepan. When hot, add onion, cover and cook 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, spices and lemon juice: mix well. Cover and cook 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Mix in flour and cook 1 minute, uncovered, over low heat.
- Pour in chicken stock and season. Bring to boil. Cook soup, uncovered for 12 minutes over medium heat.
- Puree soup with cream in food processor.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve with croutons.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION