Cream of Leek Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 large leeks
- 1 small potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 pints vegetables or 2 pints chicken stock
- salt pepper
- 1⁄4 pint heavy cream or 1/4 pint creme fraiche
- chop the vegetables. Melt the butter and saute the vegetables for a few minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before blending in a liquidizer.
- Return to pan and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Stir in the cream and reheat without boiling.
- Serve with some nice crusty bread and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made just half a recipe for the 2 of us & I did use your suggestion about using the creme fraiche, & that worked out great! You have a wonderful recipe here, one I'd like to make sometime again in the future for some special dinner guests! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game]