Cream of Brussels Sprout Roasted Garlic Soup
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 14 roasted garlic cloves, mashed and rough chopped, divided
- 3 3 cups spinach or 3 cups broccoli
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup milk
- fresh parsley
- lots of fresh grated black pepper
- In a large pot melt butter with the oil.
- Saute the onions, carrots and half the garlic for 4 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts, pepper, nutmeg, parsley, broth, pepper sauce and salt if using, bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the cream and remaining garlic.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender or carefully in a blender.
- Pour into bowls top with a dab of butter and lots of fresh grated pepper.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!