Cream Cheese Stuffed New Potatoes
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 24 little bite-size new potatoes
- 1 (5 ounce) package boursin cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- finely chopped fresh parsley
- red caviar, for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot with plenty of salted water, boil the potatoes until they are tender when a fork is inserted, about 10-12 minutes. Drain and let the potatoes cool until you can handle them.
- With a melon baller, remove a scoop from each potato. Cut a tiny sliver off the bottom of the potatoes so they will stand after filling. Combine the Boursin, butter, and cream. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Spoon or pipe the cheese mixture into the potatoes. Garnish with fine sprinkling of parsley. Add a tiny dollop of red caviar. Stand the potatoes on a platter to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are delightful! I made them for a dinner party as a side dish. I used size B reds and had enough cheese filling to make about 15. I served them with dinner although as I understand it they are meant to be more of an appetizer. In any case, it worked beautifully when served at room temperature. I made the potatoes earlier in the day and set aside and made the cheese mixture a day ahead. I was concerned about boiling the pots & retaining the bright red color. It was suggested that I cook/steam the potatoes in a bit of water, in a covered dish in the microwave, that solved that problem. They turned out perfectly cooked & red! I followed the instructions to a T after that. Topped with chopped chives and they were gorgeous! Thanks Mrs. Cookie for posting!
Really enjoyed making up these TASTY LITTLE TREATS, even though I didn't use the caviar garnish (perhaps another time)! I did use very small potatoes, and they were a great addition to my finger food counter the other night! Thanks for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pikc-A-Chef]