Cream Cheese Strawberry Pie
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 1 pie shell, baked (see Perfect Pie Crust, 9 or 10 inch)
Cream cheese filling
- 250 g light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup water, start with 1/4 cup
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, can be frozen
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix cream cheese, milk, almond extract and sugar in a mixer until well blended. Spread in bottom of pie shell.
- Place the fresh strawberries on top of the cream cheese mix.
- In a sauce pan combine water (1/4 cup), 2 cups fresh/frozen strawberries, sugar and warm through until the strawberries are soft enough to mush. In a small bowl add a bit of water to the corn stach and stir until dissolved. Add to strawberry sauce and continue stirring over heat until the sauce thickens and turns clear. This may take 2-4 minute Add more water if too thick, Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Pour strawberry sauce over the cream cheese + strawberries. Let set and cool before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Well, I did some juggling with the ingredients when it came to making this pie! I did a 9-inch deep dish pie & doubled the cream cheese filling ingredients, then used about 5 cups of fresh strawberries in the pie! After that I cut the sugar in the sauce back to 1/2 cup because the berries I used there were very, very sweet! Since it was extremely deep dish, I cut the pie into 10 slices & we were extremely satisfied with the wonderful flavor! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag]
We decided to go with a graham cracker crust for this pie and it was a great call. Had a little trouble smearing the cream cheese mixture on it (kept breaking), but in time I had it together. There were no instructions to mash the strawberry mixture (only to cook until soft enough to mash). I decided to use my emulsion blender and blended just before adding the cornstarch. The topping did not really thicken up as much as I hoped, but the flavor of the pie is exceptional. The almond extract came thru nicely. We'll be making this recipe often, thanks so much for sharing! :)