Cream Cheese Snacks Rolled in Nori Leaves
photo by Zurie
- Ready In:
- 1 nori, sheet (I use Blue Dragon sushi nori)
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese (more or less)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped (spring onion, green parts)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (see note in directions)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ribbons from a cucumbers (to fit nori sheet, use a potato peeler)
- 4 mint leaves, large (or use more)
- Put the nori sheet on a counter or wooden board.
- Mash the cream cheese with the green onions, lemon juice, seasoning salt and garlic until soft. * My seasoning salt has a slight peppery bite. If yours does not, you may want to add a few drops of hot pepper sauce.
- When the cream cheese is spreadable, spread thinly with a knife over the nori sheet. You'll probably have some filling left over.
- Use a potato peeler to slice the 2 cucumber ribbons. Pat them dry with kitchen paper, and lay near the edge of the cream cheese filling.
- Tear each mint leaf into 2 - 3 pieces, and lay on the cucumber ribbons.
- Roll up the nori carefully but firmly. The nori should have softened by now, and you should have a nice sushi-sized "sausage". With a sharp serrated knife carefully slice the roll into as many pieces as you want. From the above ingredients you will get either 3 pieces (photo), which could be a starter, or you could cut finger snacks to get 9 pieces from this recipe.
- Repeat the recipe to get as many snacks as you want.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a widow, retired, and I love cooking. I live on the coast in South Africa and I love seafood. You're welcome to my recipes (all kinds, definitely not just seafood!) Just remember that no recipe is ever cast in stone -- adjust to your taste! The photo was taken at a rustic seaside restaurant on our West Coast, approx 1 year ago (2016).