Cream Cheese Sheet Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened,plus
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter, cheese, and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour; mix well.
- Pour into greased 15in by 10in baking pan.
- Bake at 325* for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Frosting: Mix sugar and milk in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over med heat.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes (do not stir).
- Stir in butter and chocolate chips until melted.
- Cool slightly; stir; spread over cake.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After DH and I moved away from the farm, and to the city...I haven't done as much cooking and very little canning. But I do come to Zaar and look for new recipes once in a while. I'm still cooking Zaar!! I like to play at Facebook, with my family and friends. A lot of my Zaar friends are there!! Yay! It's a good way to keep in touch. We travel more. We're looking at the European trips now. Hope to go in the springtime. I really want to see London, I think I lived there in a past life, I've been obsessed with it since I was 10 years old!!