Mellow Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 39mins
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (3 sticks)
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 teaspoon orange flavoring
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- With an electric mixer cream sugar, cream cheese and butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each. Add flavorings.
- Sift baking powder, salt and flour together. By hand mixing, add to cream mixture by one-thirds and beat ONLY until blended. (Do not overbeat).
- Grease and flour a 10" tube pan. Fill mixture into pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes and then turn out onto serving plate. Place tube pan back over cake to allow cake to "sweat" and retain moisture.
- Cake is better served next day after allowing to "mellow".
- Serve and enjoy!
Join The Conversation